The blogosphere is huge. An internet universe full of blogs of all kinds. Counting the exact number of blogs is like trying to count the number of stars in our universe, and like some stars some blogs are more visible and useful than others.
The North Star
The North Star has guided travelers since, well….forever. A business blog should be like the North Star guiding potential customers to your business. Today there are more devices connected to the Internet than there are people on Earth and every day some 2405,518,376 people use the internet and about $391,680,000.00 is spent by online consumers alone.
Check Out These Statistics from The Social Skinny
- 79% of online shoppers spend 50% of their online shopping time researching products
- The average budget spent on blogs and social media has almost tripled in 3 years
- 57% of marketers acquired customers via blogging
- 61% of global internet users research products online
- Companies that blog have 55% more website visitors
- 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action and over half lead to a purchase
Tips on Creating a Successful Business Blog
- Make specific content marketing, social media and blogging goals.
- Define the target audience for your blog content.
- Keep your content on topic. To increase blog effectiveness, focus on information that meets your target audience’s needs.
- Incorporate your blog into your business’s website and vice-versa make it simple to find your business website from your blog.
- Add images, video, audio and presentations to your blog.
- Share your blog content across social media platforms.
References and Helpful Links